Saturday, August 4, 2018

Mixtape 56 - Potion



Here is the 56th instalment of the Dreams of Consciousness podcast, featuring an interview with Sydney psychedelic metal band Potion.



I had never heard of Potion prior to the day they were scheduled to play Rumah Api; but the Sleep/Electric Wizard-esque doom I heard on their Bandcamp page convinced me that they were well worth checking out. Besides, since they made it all the way from Australia to play KL, I figured I could make the much shorter trip from Wangsa Maju to check them out.

I sat down with the band before their gig at Rumah Api. We talked about the band's origins, how their South East Asian tour with Marijannah came about, as well as their feelings about the amount of attention they've received in the short time they've been around. We also spent some time discussing the nature of the music scene in Sydney.

My thanks again to the members of Potion for talking to me, and to you for listening.

TRACKLISTING:

Women of the Wand
Dead Mountain
taken from the Women of the Wand EP

Seven Sorcerers
Gravemaker
taken from the Seven Sorcerers/Gravemaker EP

Potion on Facebook

Potion on Bandcamp

Potion on Instagram

stellarleuna.com (Artwork by Potion's Stellar Leuna)

Stellar Leuna on Instagram


Going Down Under:

an [almost] interview
with Bastardizer
Mixtape 35:
Masses
Mixtape 18:
Lochlan Watt