Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Mixtape 42 - Wormrot



Here is the 42nd installment of the Dreams of Consciousness podcast, featuring an interview with Arif of Singapore grinders Wormrot.

I caught up with Arif when Wormrot played Mamatfest 2018 at Black Box in the Publika mall. We talked about how their new drummer Vijesh became part of the band, in addition to their experiences playing Vietnam and touring the U.S. I got to tell my story about sitting outside their sold out show at Union Pool in Brooklyn back in 2011, hoping to snag a ticket. I didn't get in; but I've been lucky enough to see Wormrot regularly since moving back to Asia.

[NOTE - In the interview I mistakenly referred to the show in Vietnam as Saigon Deathfest. I have since been informed that it was something else. I apologize for the error.]

My thanks again to Arif for talking to me, and to you for listening.

TRACKLISTING 

Hollow Roots
Oblivious Mess
Buried the Su
Fallen into Disuse
taken from the album Voices

Loathsome Delusions
Outburst of Annoyance
taken from the EP Noise



Manipulation
Erased Existence
Principle of Puppet Warfare
You Suffer But Why Is It My Problem
taken from the album Dirge


Wormrot on Facebook

Wormrot on Bandcamp

Wormrot on Twitter

Wormrot Webstore (through Earache Records)