Monday, January 1, 2018

Mixtape 41 - Bloodstone


Here is the 41st installment of the Dreams of Consciousness podcast, featuring an interview with my buddies Qadir and Aditya of Singapore thrashers Bloodstone.
I hung out with and interviewed the Bloodstone guys when they played Rumah Api back in September of 2017. I hadn't seen them in about a year. We talked about the writing process for their first full length F.T.W., their upcoming 7" split with Xanadoo, and the stylistic shift from their earlier material.


Bloodstone were the first band I ever saw at Rumah Api - I walked in on their soundcheck before their gig back in 2012 and stayed for the whole thing. I even took pictures of them soundchecking. They've been on the podcast before - I interviewed them a year later for the Singapore podcast. I've hung out with them regularly since then, and try to make it out to Singapore to watch them play. They're some of my favourite people, and I don' t think they can't be on this podcast enough.

My thanks again to Qadir and Aditya for talking to me, and to you for listening.

Tracklisting

I Am Hell
Curse of Existence
The Piledriver
F.T.W.
taken from the album F.T.W.

bloodstone.sg

Bloodstone on Facebook

F.T.W. on Bandcamp