Thursday, October 31, 2013

All things dead must rise again when twilight's blanket falls




Tonight is Samhain, when people around the world dress outlandishly, stay up late watching horror movies and decorate their homes with evil things. Or as I like to think of it, amateur night. Someone once asked me why I never dress up for Halloween; I told them quite seriously that Halloween is when everyone else dresses like me.



That said, I love Halloween, and am excited to watch (or in some cases, re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watch) all the cult horror movies that I've been compiling on my hard drive for the last few months. Almost as excited as I am to make a pizza with the vegan mozzarella I found in Manila last week. This is a marathon after all: I've gotta carb-load.

This is what's on deck for my annual Horrorfest:

Cemetary Man (Dellamorte Dellamore)
Dead Alive
CHUD 2
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
Prince of Darkness
It's Alive
Shivers
The Bay
Lords of Salem
The Thing (1982)
Night of the Living Dead (1990)
Re-Animator
Evil Dead 1+2
Evil Dead (2013)


Here's to all the things that were and shall be again.