Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mixtape 29: Mark Rudolph



Here is the 29th installment of the Dreams of Consciousness podcast, featuring an interview with illustrator and podcaster Mark Rudolph.

Mark is half the team behind the Requiem Metal Podcast, which he does with his friend Jason Hundey. I've been a fan of their podcast for years, and it's no secret that Requiem provided the blueprint for this one. In addition to that, Mark provides art for Decibel Magazine, and has put out a few metal themed graphic novels inspired by the music of Mercyful Fate and Celtic Frost.

We did the interview in the "VIP Area" behind the merch booths at Maryland Deathfest 2015, while a reunited Solstice threatened to drown us out from a nearby stage. We talked about Mark's beginnings in the zine world, the genesis of the Requiem podcast, and some of his recent illustration work.

Since the interview was conducted last summer, one of the big questions was, "Will there by more Requiem?" Of course, in the intervening months Mark and Jason resurrected the podcast, and have released a slew of new shows. I wish I could have released this episode while that news was still fresh and exclusive, but time got away from me. What can I say - I take after my heroes.

My thanks again to Mark for taking the time to talk to me, and to you for listening.


TRACKLIST

Eucharist - Wounded and Alone 00:00
Talkset 1 05:42
Entombed - Forsaken 15:48
Dismember - And So is Life 19:41
Talkset 2 22:50
Ceremonial Oath - The Shadowed End 31:37
Dark Tranquillity - My Faeryland Forgotten 34:51
Talkset 3 39:27
Unanimated - At Dawn 46:36
Talkset 4 50:50
Dawn - Ride The Wings of Pestilence 59:58


markrudolph.com

Requiem Metal Podcast on iTunes

Requiem Metal Podcast on Facebook

Mark Rudolph Illustration on Facebook

Satan is Alive: A Tribute to Mercyful Fate

Morbid Tales: A Tribute to Celtic Frost

Art and Story [Mark's podcast about making comics]