Monday, July 2, 2012

Metal Brother, can you spare a dime?

Covan Wake The Fuck Up!

Just read this post from the Deciblog about a benefit concert for Decapitated's Adrian “Covan” Kowanek, who is still recovering from the touring accident that left him with cerebral hypoxia (and his bandmate Vitek dead).  A news report from a local Polish television channel delineates the long road Covan has ahead of him:


I was lucky enough to see Decapitated with Covan on the 2007 Summer Slaughter tour, and watching him grin and headbang throughout the set showed me why he was such a beloved frontman.  There was no tough guy or "evil" posturing; he just loved death metal, loved being on stage and his enthusiasm carried over into the crowd.  Seeing him in his current state is heartbreaking.   I'd be lying if I said I didn't have tears in my eyes while watching it.

Help a metal brother out!  Donate (through Paypal) here:
http://www.wakeupcovan.com/